Yesterday, Rep. Frisk introduced a new Pro-Life bill package. The package is listed below:
- HJR C – Joint Resolution to amend the Michigan Constitution to remove the Right to Reproductive Freedom for All (Proposal 3) Amendment from the State Constitution
- HB 4683 – A bill to reinstitute revised 1931 Ban on abortion (with rare exception for life of the mother)
- (Modifies language from ‘procure a miscarriage’ to ‘abortion’)
- HB 4684 – A bill to reinstitute revised ban on sale of prescription abortion pills
- (Modifies language to banning pills strictly for purposes of abortion)
- HB 4685 – A bill to reinstitute the ban advertising for abortion services
- HB 4686 – A bill establishing criminal sentencing guidelines for those who violate the above bills
- Lastly, a SIMPLE RESOLUTION declaring the evidence for life prior to birth and the condemnation of deliberate abortion as murderous!
“While unlikely to pass, this package should serve as a guideline for Republican Pro-Life legislators,” said Rep. Friske. “This Pro-Life model should be the official Republican platform for life, and repealing Proposal 3 and reinstituting Pro-Life laws should be the first and foremost goal of our caucus.”
Rep. Friske was grateful to receive several Republican co-sponsors on the package. Reps. Maddock, Carra, DeSana, Cavitt, Rigas, Fox, & Alexander joined Rep. Friske on all 4 bills, the joint resolution, and simple resolution.
“I’d like to thank my Republican colleagues who were brave enough to stand with me and co-sponsor this legislation,” said Rep. Friske. “I am thankful that we are standing strong together in our fight for life.”
“The citizens of the Upper Peninsula are honest and hard-working,” said Friske, R-Charlevoix. “They know a bad idea when they see one. They are telling us these bills are a terrible idea. I’m proud of the people who sent me to Lansing, and I’m proud to stand with them in opposition of this radical legislation.”
Rep. Friske is publicly announcing his disapproval over Michigan’s upcoming $81 billion budget for Fiscal Year 2024. Last week, 17 appropriations bills for the budget passed the House on party-line votes. “It’s bad enough that this is the biggest and most expansive budget in Michigan history,” said Rep. Friske. “But House Democrats have also injected […]
Rep. Friske presented local Northern Michigan hero Pat Rickley with a tribute on Saturday, May 20, after it had been announced that Rickley was retiring after 30 years of service with the Mackinac Bridge Authority. As a toll collector, Pat has been a beloved icon of the bridge for three decades and is well known […]
Rep. Friske is voicing his loud and firm disapproval after Senate Bill 147 passed along a party-line vote on Wednesday afternoon. SB 147, expands Elliot-Larsen protections to elective abortions, mandating that employers and healthcare companies would have to pay for benefited employees to get abortions the same as a medical appointment. “This goes beyond the […]